Mauritius SSR International Airport
The Mauritius SSR international airport, also known as the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport was named after the first Prime Minister of the country. It is located in Plaine Magnien, and it is around 48KM from Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius.
The Mauritius SSR airport inaugurated a new terminal in September 2013 with its concept “Maurice Ile Durable”. There are around 54 check-in desks with three lounges:
- ATOL lounge: open to all passengers irrespective of their airlines
- Premium lounge: accessible to those in economy class only
- Amedee Maingard: accessible to those in business class only
There are also six restaurants available in the Mauritius SSR airport:
- Food Vision
- L’escale Mauricien
- Take off bar
- Green is better
You can shop at different boutiques such as the duty-free shops and Premium shop located next to the International Boarding Hall in the Mauritius SSR airport. You will find luxury items there along with liquor, chocolates, cigars, and clothing among others.
Mauritius has opened its borders to tourists now but with restrictions such as:
- A PCR test should be taken before departure
- Complete the Mauritius all-in-one travel form. The form should be filled once you have received your negative PCR test and it should be printed and duly signed.
- Wear the surgical mask (N95) on the flight and at the airport
- Body temperature check and frequent use of sanitisers
- COVID-19 Sanitary measures
- Wear your mask during your travel journey
- You can change your face mask every 4 hours
- Sanitize your hands regularly and avoid touching your eyes
- Maintain physical distancing and adhere to all sanitary protocols given by the authorities
Vaccines recognized in Mauritius:
- AstraZeneca (Covishield)
- Sputnik V
- Johnson & Jonhson
The Mauritius SSR airport is the first airport in Africa accredited for ACI airport health.
Read more about the Covid restrictions here: