Mauritius Visa Requirements
Are you planning a trip to Mauritius? This article will help you determine whether you will require a Mauritian visa and will also help you through the visa application process.
A Visa is an official document provided by the Mauritius Immigration Office, Embassy, or Consular, certifying that an Immigration Officer has examined your application to enter Mauritius and confirmed that you are authorized to travel or transit to Mauritius for a certain purpose.
As a result, a Visa essentially authorizes the holder to travel to Mauritius up to a border checkpoint and does not imply that the bearer will be permitted to enter the country. The immigration officer, after a screening at the borders entrance in Mauritius, makes the final decision to accept a non-resident. He or she determines how long a traveller can remain in the country during any particular visit.
Travellers who land with no visa (if usually required) may be brought back at their own responsibility by the transportation carrier to their place of origin or residence.
A valid certified passport is mandatory for all travellers coming to Mauritius (The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the intended period of stay)
Tourists travelling to Mauritius for other motives besides visits, tourism or tourism activities, or business purposes should acquire prior approval from the Passport and Immigration Office and apply for a visa before travelling to Mauritius:
- Individuals coming to Mauritius take up employment
- Potential students coming to Mauritius for study purposes
- Travellers coming to Mauritius for religious purpose
The Different Types of Visas to enter Mauritius Island
A tourist visa enables a non-citizen to travel to Mauritius for a holiday over a certain period of time.
In particular circumstances, a maximum of (six) months may be authorized in a calendar year, subject to Immigration eligibility requirements.
The Business visa authorizes non-citizens to travel to Mauritius for the specific reason of starting, operating, or investing in a business.
Businessmen are granted a maximum of 120 days in a calendar year, considering that the maximum stay during each trip is not more than 90 days and the non-citizen is not paid in Mauritius.
Non-citizens who are sponsored by socio-cultural associations are provided with a social visa for a maximum of 45 days to participate in any religious and social activities.
Non-citizens entering Mauritius for religious reasons should apply for and receive a social visa before departure.
Multiple Entry Visa
Only international businessmen and women with major economic importance in Mauritius who require a visa before visiting are eligible. Bona fide business individuals may be provided a multiple-entry visa for a maximum of 120 days in a calendar year, given that the stay during each trip does not exceed 90 days.
Passengers travelling to a third country within 24 hours are eligible for this specific visa.
Overseas visitors coming to Mauritius for medical treatment are given a medical visa if they will be treated at private health care facilities that have been officially registered with the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life under the Private Health Institutions Act.
On arrival, a medical visa is issued for the period of the treatment, but not for more than six (6) months.
Exemption from Visa:
- Persons who are citizens of Mauritius including those who are residents of Mauritius under the Immigration Act’s child, stepchild, or those who are legally adopted by individuals who are residents of Mauritius.
- Crew of Laissez-passer issued by the United Nations, SADC or from globally renowned institutions.
- The spouse of a citizen of Mauritius
- Holders of Diplomatic Passports other than those issued by the Government of Afghanistan, Algeria, Nigeria, Sudan and Yemen
- Citizens of Mauritius
- Persons who would like to reside in Mauritius solely for the duration of a ship’s stay on the island
- Persons who are residents of Mauritius under the Immigration Act
Who requires a Visa to visit Mauritius?
- For passengers coming from countries where visas are not required — please see the Visa Requirement table at the bottom of this article.
- Before travelling to Mauritius for any reason besides just tourism, visit, or commercial activities, all other travellers must first apply for a Visa/permit.
Mauritius Visa extra info
- Non-citizens who enter Mauritius before obtaining a visa (if one is mandatory) may be repatriated at the expense of the transportation carrier.
- Any individual who remains in Mauritius after the expiration of the term for which he acquired a visa or entry authorization, as the case may be, constitutes an infraction and is subject to legal action.
- It is recommended that potential students travel to Mauritius only after their application for study or training in Mauritius has been confirmed.
- Non-citizens who travel to Mauritius to celebrate their wedding should comply with the provisions of Section 24A of the Civil Status Act.
- A non-citizen who intends to marry a Mauritian must meet the conditions of Section 19A of the Civil Status Act.
- Non-citizens travelling to Mauritius for business may request for an Occupation Permit as an Investor, Entrepreneur, or Skilled Professional from the Passport and Immigration Officer through the Economic Development Board.
*Note: Visas And Extensions Of Stay Are Issued Free Of Charge.
Visa Application Mauritius
- The individual must apply for a visa through one of Mauritius diplomatic or consular representatives.
- If no diplomatic or consular representatives are readily accessible, the application must be made to the Air Mauritius office.
- When none of the aforementioned institutions are accessible, applications should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required document for Mauritius Visa application
- Visa Application Form duly filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport-size photos of the applicant.
- Photocopy of the data pages of the applicant’s passport.
- A copy of the Residence Permit. (Applicable for applicants not residing in their country of origin). Same to be valid for at least three months after the proposed date of departure from Mauritius.
- Copy of passage ticket to country of origin or residence.
- Copy of bank statement for the last three months.
- Hotel Booking for accommodation (if sponsored by a Citizen of Mauritius, to produce evidence of sponsorship, Copy of ID and proof of address)
- In the case of a business visa, the applicant should also submit a letter from a local sponsor/company.
- In case of Minor:- Consent letter from parents, copy of the birth certificate of applicant and copy of parents’ passports.
- Any other documents as may be required by this office.
Additional information regarding Mauritius visa
Depending on the submission of all requirements for the application, a visa will be granted as soon as possible after five (5) business days.
The individual must apply at least one month before their travelling to Mauritius.
Admission to Mauritius is not assured by a visa. After an inspection at the point of arrival in Mauritius, the Immigration Officer shall also be responsible about whether or not to allow a traveller into Mauritius.
Prior to actually travelling to Mauritius, applicants should wait for the outcome of their application.
|Visa Requirement Country wise|
|1||Afghanistan||Visa required prior to travel.|
|2||Albania||Visa for sixty days on arrival|
|3||Algeria||Visa for two weeks on arrival|
|4||Andorra||Visa for sixty days on arrival|
|5||Angola||No visa required|
|6||Antigua and Barbuda||No visa required|
|7||Argentina||No visa required|
|8||Armenia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|9||Australia||No visa required.|
|10||Austria||No visa required.|
|11||Azerbaijan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|12||Bahamas||No visa required.|
|13||Bahrain||No visa required.|
|14||Bangladesh||Visa required prior to travel.|
|15||Barbados||No visa required.|
|16||Belarus||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|17||Belgium||No visa required.|
|18||Belize||No visa required.|
|19||Benin||No visa required|
|20||Bhutan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|21||Bolivia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|22||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|23||Botswana||No visa required.|
|24||Brazil||No visa required.|
|25||Brunei Darussalam||No visa required.|
|26||Bulgaria||No visa required.|
|27||Burkina Faso||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|28||Burundi||No visa required.|
|29||Cambodia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|30||Cameroon||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|31||Canada||No visa required.|
|32||Cape Verde||No visa required.|
|33||Chad||No visa required.|
|34||Chile||No visa required.|
|35||China||No visa required.|
|36||Colombia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|37||Comoros||Visa for two weeks on arrival.|
|38||Congo (Brazzaville)||No visa required|
|39||Central African Rep.||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|40||Democratic Rep. of Congo||No visa required|
|41||Costa Rica||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|42||Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|43||Croatia||No visa required|
|44||Cuba||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|45||Cyprus||No visa required.|
|46||Czech Republic (ex Czechoslovakia)||No visa required.|
|47||Denmark||No visa required|
|48||Djibouti||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|49||Dominica||No visa required.|
|50||Dominican Republic||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|51||Ecuador||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|52||Egypt||No visa required|
|53||El Salvador||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|54||Equatorial Guinea||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|55||Eritrea||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|56||Estonia Republic||No visa required.|
|57||Ethiopia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|58||Fiji||No visa required.|
|59||Finland||No visa required.|
|60||France||No visa required.|
|61||Gabon||No visa required.|
|62||Gambia||No visa required.|
|63||Georgia||No visa required|
|64||Germany||No visa required.|
|65||Ghana||No visa required.|
|66||Greece||No visa required.|
|67||Grenada||No visa required.|
|68||Guinea||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|69||Guinea Bissau||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|70||Guatemala||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|71||Haiti||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|72||Honduras||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|73||Hong Kong||No visa required|
|74||Hungary||No visa required.|
|75||Iceland||No visa required.|
|76||India||No visa required.|
|77||Indonesia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|78||Iran||Visa required prior to travel.|
|79||Iraq||Visa required prior to travel.|
|80||Ireland||No visa required.|
|81||Israel||No visa required.|
|82||Italy||No visa required.|
|83||Jamaica||No visa required.|
|84||Japan||No visa required.|
|85||Jordan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|86||Kazakhstan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|87||Kenya||No visa required.|
|88||Kiribati||No visa required.|
|89||Korea (South Republic)||No visa required.|
|90||Korea (North)||Visa required prior to travel.|
|91||Kuwait||No visa required.|
|92||Kyrgyzstan Rep.||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|93||Laos||Visa required prior to travel.|
|94||Latvia||No visa required.|
|95||Lesotho||No visa required.|
|96||Lebanon||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|97||Liberia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|98||Libya||Visa required prior to travel.|
|99||Liechtenstein||No visa required.|
|100||Lithuania||No visa required.|
|101||Luxemburg||No visa required.|
|102||Macau SAR||No visa required.|
|103||Macedonia (ex Yugoslav Rep.)||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|104||Madagascar||Visa for two weeks on arrival.|
|105||Malawi||No visa required.|
|106||Malaysia||No visa required.|
|107||Maldives||No visa required.|
|108||Mali||Visa required prior to travel.|
|109||Malta||No visa required.|
|110||Mauritania||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|111||Marshall Island||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|112||Mexico||No visa required.|
|113||Micronesia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|114||Moldova||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|115||Monaco||No visa required.|
|116||Mongolia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|117||Morocco||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|118||Mozambique||No visa required|
|119||Myanmar (Burma)||Visa for two weeks on arrival|
|120||Namibia||No visa required|
|121||Nauru||No visa required.|
|122||Nepal||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|123||Netherlands||No visa required.|
|124||New Zealand||No visa required.|
|125||Nicaragua||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|126||Niger||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|127||Nigeria||Visa for two weeks on arrival.|
|128||Norway||No visa required.|
|129||Oman||No visa required.|
|130||Pakistan||Visa required prior to travel.|
|131||Palau||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|132||Palestinian State||Visa required prior to travel.|
|133||Panama||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|134||Papua New Guinea||No visa required.|
|135||Paraguay||No visa required.|
|136||Peru||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|137||Philippines||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|138||Poland||No visa required.|
|139||Portugal||No visa required.|
|140||Qatar||No visa required.|
|141||Romania||No visa required.|
|142||Rwanda||No visa required.|
|143||Russian Federation (Russia)||No visa required.|
|144||Saharawi Republic||Visa required prior to travel.|
|145||Samoa (Western)||No visa required.|
|146||San Marino||No visa required.|
|147||Sao Tome & Principe||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|148||Saudi Arabia||No visa required.|
|149||Senegal||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|150||Seychelles||No visa required.|
|151||Sierra Leone||No visa required.|
|152||Serbia||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|153||Singapore||No visa required.|
|154||Slovenia||No visa required.|
|155||Slovakia||No visa required.|
|156||Solomon Islands||No visa required.|
|157||Somalia||Visa required prior to travel.|
|158||South Africa||No visa required.|
|159||Spain||No visa required.|
|160||Sri Lanka||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|161||Saint Kitts and Nevis||No visa required.|
|162||Saint Lucia||No visa required.|
|163||Saint Vincent & Grenadines||No visa required.|
|164||Suriname||No visa required.|
|165||Sudan||Visa required prior to travel.|
|166||South Sudan||Visa required prior to travel.|
|167||Syria||Visa required prior to travel.|
|168||Swaziland||No visa required|
|169||Sweden||No visa required.|
|170||Switzerland||No visa required.|
|171||Tajikistan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|172||Taiwan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|173||Tanzania||No visa required.|
|174||Thailand||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|175||Timor Leste||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|176||Togo||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|177||Tonga||No visa required.|
|178||Trinidad & Tobago||No visa required.|
|179||Tunisia||No visa required.|
|180||Turkey||No visa required.|
|181||Turkmenistan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|182||Tuvalu||No visa required.|
|183||Uganda||No visa required.|
|184||Ukraine||No visa required.|
|185||United Arab Emirates||No visa required.|
|186||United Kingdom||No visa required.|
|187||United States of America||No visa required.|
|188||Uzbekistan||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|189||Uruguay||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|190||Vanuatu||No visa required.|
|191||Vatican||No visa required.|
|192||Venezuela||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|193||Vietnam||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|194||Yemen||Visa required prior to travel.|
|195||Yugoslavia (Serbia & Montenegro)||Visa for sixty days on arrival.|
|196||Zambia||No visa required.|
|197||Zimbabwe||No visa required.|
Disclaimer: All information on the site is provided in good faith however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the site. For more accurate and updated information regarding Visa requirements to Mauritius, please visit the government of Mauritius official website.