Terms and Conditions
A. General Terms and Conditions
- We operate as an agency model, that is, we act as a disclosed agent for accommodation providers (“Third Parties”). This means that the contract for the Product you book is between you and the Third Party, and any reservation made by you will be subject to their terms and conditions. As an agent, we shall have no contractual liability to you in respect of that Product. However, we may still be liable to you if we have been grossly negligent, we have misrepresented important information or have been in breach of any other relevant law.
- All products sold through our website are not an offer by Mauritius.com to sell any Product, but an invitation to you to make an offer to our Third Parties. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those Third Parties or to reject it.
- Since the contract for the Product is between you and the Third Party, any query or concerns relating to the product should be addressed to them. The contact details of our Third Parties are available on their respective Product page on our website.
- Upon making your reservation through our website, we shall pass your credit card (or details of any other payment method allowed) and any other essential booking details to the relevant Third Party, who will charge the chosen payment method in accordance with the terms of the booking. The placing of an order for the product by you will constitute consent to us passing on such details.
- You undertake that the details you provide us with while using our website are correct; and in particular, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the total cost of the product.
- If there are any changes to the details you supplied to us, it is your responsibility to inform Mauritius.com by contacting us through the relevant form on the website as soon as possible.
- We won’t send you e-mails which you do not want, but we can’t guarantee that Third Parties to whom your details are sent won’t do so.
- We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However because of the sophisticated technology that is required in operating Mauritius.com there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally, this may result in a price, product or other detail displayed or presented on a being incorrect. In this case we reserve the right to cancel that contract, but this of course will be without any liability to you.
- Mauritius.com does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
B. Terms and conditions specific to a reservation
- As stated in the general conditions, upon reservation of a product on our website, a contract will be formed between you and the relevant Third Party. Mauritius.com is solely an agent acting for and on behalf of the Third Party.
- Your contractual relationship with us is solely limited to your use of the booking services we provide through our website.
- The terms of your contract with the Third Party are on the Third Party’s website and/or in your confirmation email, which, by accepting your booking, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed. Should you not find these terms and conditions easily accessible, you should immediately contact us.
- The rates of the products made available for booking on our website are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of any tax or fee for supplementary services from the Third Party, and are calculated on a ‘per room’ and ‘per night’ basis.
- VAT invoices are not issued by us with respect to reservations made. Should you require a VAT Invoice, you should contact the provider of the Product you are purchasing who may be able to assist you further.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have received your confirmation email. We are not liable if you do not receive your confirmation email due to circumstances reasonably outside of our control including, but not limited to the following: (i) you gave us an incorrect email address; (ii) your email settings won’t allow our email to reach you; or (iii) your email settings treat our email as spam.
- If you wish, or the Third Party wishes, to amend or cancel your accommodation booking for any reason, we will deal with the amendment or cancellation as agent on behalf of the Third Party. Your eligibility for refunds or any other compensation sought will be subject to any cancellation policy applied by the Third Party, in accordance with your contract. Details of the Third Party’s cancellation policy are made available to you at the time of booking and in your confirmation email.
- In the unlikely event that the Third Party cancels your booking, we will use reasonable efforts to contact you as soon as reasonably possible using the contact details you provided at the time of booking. If the Third Party is unable to fulfil your booking and is unable to provide an alternative, your booking will be cancelled with a full refund. In these circumstances, we can assist you to make a new booking with an alternative Third Party.
- If, as a result, your booking is cancelled and a new booking is made, please note that payment for the new booking and (if due) any refund on the cancelled booking will be processed separately.
- It is your responsibility to check the details of your booking. If you have made a mistake, it cannot always be rectified after your booking has been confirmed.
- Amendments to your booking are not permitted. In order to make any changes to your original booking, it will be cancelled, and a new booking made. We cannot guarantee that the original rates will be available for your new booking.
- Please note that, to the extent Mauritius.com has charged you any Booking Fees or Credit card fees, Booking Fees and credit card fees are non-refundable.
- If you don’t show up or you arrive late, the Third Party’s no show/late arrivals policy will apply.
- In the unlikely event that the Third Party’s accommodation is overbooked on arrival, we will not be liable. The Third Party is responsible for finding you suitable alternative accommodation.
- Upon checking-in at the accommodation booked, you shall show your confirmation email or pdf Voucher, an identification document and the payment card used to make the booking.